Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Girl Meets World - edition v

Girl: Hey, check it out! I got an interview for that job I was telling you about.

World: Well, well...are you ready?

Girl: Yeah, I think so.

World: You think so? How do you expect to sell yourself with those words?

Girl: Ugh - I don't want to have to sell myself. 

World: Why not? It's the American way...you've got to channel your inner PT Barnum.

Girl: My inner PT Barnum?

World: Greatest salesman there ever was. 

Girl: But I'm no PT Barnum.

World: You don't have to BE him just THINK like him.Say to yourself, "I Am PT Barnum" and really own those words. You will immediately feel a difference in yourself when you speak to people.

Girl: (skeptical look)

World: Oh come one, just try. 


Girl: I am ...pt barnum.

World: Oh, must I do everything? Like this...
I AM PT BARNUM and I CAN SELL YOU... THE WORLD!![GASP!]

Girl: Wow [pause] another modern day sellout - gosh that PT is slick!

World: [grumble] I didn't see that coming.

Girl: [sigh] Nobody ever does.

No comments:

Post a Comment