Thursday, March 24, 2011

Working Gal

For those of you who have been following the last few Girl Meets World posts(here and here)...YES, I got the freelance job!

I will now be working 20 hours a week writing copy for an e-commerce website. The realization of it all has been a roller coaster ride - one part excitement and another part screaming fear!!

Was it the right choice?

Truth be told, over the last few months, there have been a number of part time careers I was considering. This was the only one that involved writing and in the end, the only one I pursued.

So why the part time gig? 
Well, money was obviously one factor but I think there has also been something lacking lately that sent me looking about the outside world. It's a new beginning which is really great! The only trouble with new beginnings though, is that very often that means something else is coming to an end. In the back of my mind, I can't help but wonder if that end is my "baby days", the reason I stayed home in the first place.



LOOK AT THAT BELLY!!!
This was me nearly 8 years ago.

For now, hours are filling up with lots of writing and that in itself has been a welcome exchange. Between my novel, blogging and now freelance writing, I am doing something that feels BIG -
as big as that belly I once (ok twice) was sporting - that is sharing my words. 

Wish me luck!

1 comment: