Monday, March 14, 2011

Girl Meets World...Edition iv

World: What are you doing?

Girl: I'm applying for a job and I'm up to the part where I have to describe myself.

World: Whatever you do, make sure you express confidence. Employers like people with can-do attitudes.

Girl: Ok, but it's still a chance to describe all the things that are me, right?

World: Yes and no.

You need to describe yourself but in the context of what they want to hear. You need to use buzz words like "hard-worker","leader",
"problem solver", not to mention "team player" and "good communication skills". You gotta be the whole package -integrity, vision, dedication and above all...

Girl: Honesty??

World: [sigh] You have no concept of the real world.

Girl: I do, but it's kinda funny...who knew that writing about me would depend so much on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment